Shaheed Avantibai Lodhi Foundation (Regd.) is purely a Non Govt. Social Service Organization (NGO) having a non political, non religious and non commercial character and is mainly engaged in imparting completely free education to the children from the families belonging to Economically Weaker Section and backward class of the society. Parents of these children are mostly labourers who live in slums, Jhuggis (mud or polythene hutments) and are not able to get their children admitted in public schools or even in Govt. run schools due to poverty and illiteracy. Illiteracy is a curse and the Shaheed Avantibai Lodhi Foundation is poised to eliminate it to the best of its capacity and ability.
See our Registration Certificate by click here.
Rani Avantibai Lodhi:
Rani Avantibai Lodhi, queen of Ramgarh State in central India, is remembered for her valiant fight against the British during the 1857 War of Independence, when she made the supreme sacrifice of her life for the freedom of motherland. The blatant annexations of estates by British officials antagonised the local rulers and as the events of the Revolt of 1857 unfolded, they became the most dangerous opponents of the British. Avantibai Lodhi was the queen of King Vikramaditya Singh of Ramgarh. When Vikramaditya Singh became incapable of handling the affairs of the State due to ill health, Avantibai Lodhi rose to the occasion and took charge of the administration. In 1851, Avantibai Lodhi felt humiliated by the appointment of an English Tehsildar for Ramgarh. When the Revolt of 1857 broke out, Rani Avantibai Lodhi raised an army of four thousand and led it herself. In the first encounter which took place in a village named Kheri, she routed the British troops. However, stung by the defeat the British came back with vengeance and launched an attack on Ramgarh. Avantibai Lodhi's courage and fighting spirit was not enough to match their mighty military machine with all its brutal strength. The Rani was forced to leave Ramgarh and move to the dense forests on the hill of Devharigarh. Surrounded and faced with the prospect of defeat Avantibai Lodhi thought it better to sacrifice her life rather than to surrender. On 20th March 1858, Rani Avantibai Lodhi became a martyr.
A. EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- To establish BALBARI NURSERY SCHOOL coaching classes to colleges and university and training centre, all kinds of education for all communities. To Work for the welfare of the Society and develop the people.
- To open public schools colleges, universities and hostels etc. so that poor students may succeed in their life and they participate to run our nation smoothly and better.
- To maintain, run and construct BASTI VIKAS KENDRA, JAN SUVIDHA PARISAR, ROAD, FOOT PATH, ANGANVARI, LIBRARIES etc. with the help of concerned Govt. Authorities, for neglected people and children.
B. TEXTILES & VILLAGE CRAFTS
- To develop and promote the traditional handicrafts and handlooms.
- To open design centers for the artisans, keeping their traditional concepts in mind.
- To train women minority artisans crafts persons and weaver to promote their products develop new products.
- To take up effective but reasonable and lawful steps for the eradication of social evils such as Dowry System, Child Marriage (Bal Vivah), Child Labor, and Wastage of money in the various functions and use of intoxicated drugs/wine/smack etc.
- To help poor and indigent persons in marriages of their sons and daughters by way of cash donation or otherwise and to distribute clothes, food and other necessaries of daily life amongst the poor, orphan and indigent persons
D. HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT
- To arrange and organize Medical in JJ Cluster and also EYE and BLOOD donation camps at different place.
- To make arrangement for mobile emergency Van/Ambulance for the victims of road accidents
- To educate and provide training to the students, candidates, general public about rapidly deteriorating environmental factors, preparation for plantation of trees and plants and to organize camps, seminars, films shows for environmental protection.
- To approach and to encourage the people to donate essential like dhotis, Blankets, rugs, Woolen/Cotton/Clothes and/other articles of daily use to the men, women and children.
- To establish and maintain institutions for the handicapped, blind deaf, dumb, poor, SC, ST, Minorities, Backward classes and other needy people to provide the training of house hold industries
- To educate the people and organize various kinds of awareness programs/activities regarding Consumer Protection Laws and rights of the public in this connection.
- To start various programs against child labour and take up effective but reasonable and lawful steps on this connection for the welfare of children.
- To promote literacy, cultural and other social activities by Awareness programs, Adult education Classes, lectures, Essay competitions, exhibitions, Symposiums, Cultural and Higher Education to children/students by seeking recognition and affiliation from the education departments etc.
- To publish Books, Charts Illustrations, Journals, Magazines, Periodicals, News Letters/Papers and other publications in the different languages and on the different subjects
G. GENERAL ACTIVITIES
- To create a forum for Senior Citizens where they can exchange their views and experiences, which may be made available to younger generation.
- To meet traveling boarding and lodging expenses for students going abroad for higher education and also help them, in all possible ways.
- To offer prizes and grant scholarship to deserving students and also to provide all possible facilities to the students who are interested to go abroad for high education.
- To provide legal medical aid, social economic help and assistance to the needy people.
- To accept donations, grants, presents, gifts, and other offerings in the shape of moveable and/or immovable properties for the attainment of the aims and objects of the Foundation.